Strengthening the food, health, and consumer product sector will ensure Canadians can continue to find the products they need at prices they can afford, as well as power much-needed investment, innovation, jobs, and growth.
We cannot achieve this ambitious vision of a stronger, more resilient Canada without the support of government as a proactive, engaged partner committed to the future of this vital sector.
Business is still not back to normal for our sector, which continues to face unprecedented and ongoing supply chain disruptions, labour shortages, and cost pressures. Our member surveys reveal that significant contributors to these ever-present cost increases are commodities, transportation, and packaging.
We have submitted the following recommendations for consideration for the 2024 Federal Budget:
- Implement a Code of Conduct with an inclusive scope
- Advance a Circular Economy
- Strengthen Manufacturing Competitiveness and Support Innovation:
- Address chronic labour shortages
- Incentivize manufacturing investments
- Build supply chain resiliency
- Prioritize the Self-Care Framework
Read our 2024 Submission to Finance Canada's Pre-Budget Consultations